What Does Anemic Mean? Anemic Definition
Anemic definition and what does anemic means?
How can you tell if you are anemic?
I am feel dizzy, went to doctor office and said I might be anemic.
So I did a hemoglobin blood test, Hb test results tell I have anemia.
What does being anemic mean?
Can I have anemia even when I eat meat around 2 to 3 times a week?
The anemic person is the one who suffering from anemia, anemic condition describes the face, you describe a man is anemic face when you see his face is colorless, bloodless, pale, pallid, wan, ashen, gray, sallow, pasty-faced, whey-faced, peaked, sickly, or etiolated.
Anemia is a condition that develops when your blood has low red blood cells count or low hemoglobin levels in the complete blood count test.
What does anemic mean?
When your doctor tells that you’re anemic or have anemia in the blood, this means inadequate red blood cells which carry oxygen and nutrients through the whole body, as a result you look pallor and feel one or more of these signs and symptoms:
- Pale skin.
- Dizziness or lightheadedness.
- Extreme fatigue.
- Cold hands and feet.
- Chest pain, fast heartbeat or shortness of breath.
- Inflammation or soreness of your tongue.
- Brittle nails.
- Red blood cells are biconcave corpuscular shaped and contain hemoglobin molecules which give the RBCs the red color.
- Hemoglobin function is to carry inhaled oxygen to the lungs and return attached with carbon dioxide to the lungs to exhale.
- Red blood cells function is to carry nutrients from blood to enrich tissues and return with waste products to kidney and liver to reprocess or excrete.
What happens when you are anemic?
Low hemoglobin level in the blood cause insufficient oxygen supply to the tissues which makes you weak and pallor.
Low red blood cells count is the main cause of severe anemia as in extreme blood loss.
Abnormal red blood cells in shape and size is a cause of anemic condition, as the RBCs can’t perform their transporting function properly.
What does anemic mean in pregnancy?
When pregnant is anemic it means she is suffering from insufficient red blood cells and hemoglobin due to:
- Poor nutrition by intended diet or the neglect of eating meals on time when you’re hungry.
- Lack of natural nutrients in each meal
- Lack of your daily meals of iron, vitamin B12 and folic acid.
- Loss of appetite in pregnancy can lead to anemic pregnant and results in baby growth difficulties.
Why Am I Cold? Could It Be Anemia? Could It Be Diabetes?
The common question in the world.
Yes, when you feeling cold you probably anemic or diabetic.
How to tell am I anemic or diabetic?
The best suggestion comes from blood test results, do complete blood count test which includes RBCs, WBCs, Platelets, hemoglobin count, and blood sugar test.
- Normal hemoglobin level means you are not anemic.
- Low hemoglobin level means you are anemic.
- Low RBC count, low hematocrit and low hemoglobin together means sever anemic.
Why am I anemic?
- When there is no enough iron and vitamins your bone marrow can’t build enough healthy red blood cells, which means loss of normal blood cells levels.
- When you’re suffering prolonged blood loss by an opened wound.
- Inability of bone marrow to produce healthy blood cells due to tumors.
Types of anemia:
Your body normally don’t get anemic by its own, there are many reasons to be anemic.
- Iron deficiency anemia is the common anemic reason in women especially pregnant.
- Megaloblastic anemia means low vitamin B12 and low folate levels, both are used to make up cells.
- Sever bleeding through cuts can lead to marked anemic condition and general blood loss.
- Menstruation is the commonest physiological blood loss and anemic woman without a disease.
Conclusion of what does anemic mean:
Anemic means loss of blood naturally or by intended reason.
You can’t die from anemia.
Minerals, iron, vitamins are essential anemia supplements.
You can tell us your anemia number and we explain for free.If you have a question about your test results> Enter the answers board: http://answers.bloodtestsresults.com