Diagnostic tests for very contagious diseases and sexually transmitted diseases (STD)
here is a small and valuable list of all medical tests used for investigating he presence of any contagious infection of sexually route diseases, feel free to post your questions about it.
- syphilis or RPR + VDRL tests for Syphilis investigation and detection.
- HIV Ab test for AIDS to detect the presence of HIV virus Antibodies in the blood.
- Chlamydia Ab in blood or chlamydia Ag in urine for investigation of Chlamydia infection.
- (HSV) type I & II test for detection of Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV).
- HBs Ag test to investigate the presence of hepatitis B virus, which is very similar in properties to AIDS.
For women some Labs may be take two sample as:
Vaginal Swab to test for chlamydia and gonorrhea, plus maybe trichomoniasis.
Blood sample to test for syphilis plus maybe HIV and herpes.
Health checkup tests
Interpretation of HIV test results
What does false result means?