What tests should be done for STD diseases and AIDS?
Diagnostic tests for very contagious diseases and sexually transmitted diseases (STD)
here is a small and valuable list of all medical tests used for investigating he presence of any contagious infection of sexually route diseases, feel free to post your questions about it.
- syphilis or RPR + VDRL tests for Syphilis investigation and detection.
- HIV Ab test for AIDS to detect the presence of HIV virus Antibodies in the blood.
- Chlamydia Ab in blood or chlamydia Ag in urine for investigation of Chlamydia infection.
- (HSV) type I & II test for detection of Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV).
- HBs Ag test to investigate the presence of hepatitis B virus, which is very similar in properties to AIDS.
For women some Labs may be take two sample as:
Vaginal Swab to test for chlamydia and gonorrhea, plus maybe trichomoniasis.
Blood sample to test for syphilis plus maybe HIV and herpes.