What is Best Time of Day to Take a Pregnancy Test?
Are you suspecting you got pregnant?, in order to get positive results you must know, what is best time of day to take a pregnancy test?
What is the best time of day to take a pregnancy test in urine?
- The highest HCG level in the pregnant urine is the morning.
The reason is that:
Morning urine sample is concentrated during the night, thus can maximize low pregnancy hormone at the early pregnancy.
- Don’t drink a lot of water before a urine pregnancy test.
The reason is that:
A lot of water will dilute the urine content of the pregnancy hormone, that’s make detection of low hcg levels is difficult at the beginning of pregnancy.
Read about: hcg levels twins.
What factors affect the accuracy of a pregnancy test in a urine sample?
- Avoid touching the absorbent pad when trying to open the pack.
- Using midstream urine can cause false results,
- Best procedures: please void a urine sample into a cup, then immerse the absorbent pad only in the cup, and wait for urine fluid to go through the two lines, remove from the urine, read pregnancy results within a minute.
- Read the required temperature for storing the home pregnancy test packs in will not used after buying.
- Read the manufacturer’s instructions for complete steps and cautions.
What is the best time of day to take a pregnancy test in blood?
Serum beta subunit HCG hormone test can detect any small numbers of pregnancy hormone and it’s level doesn’t depend on specific date during the day.
So that the best time of day to take a pregnancy test in laboratory is any time during the day.
What factors affect pregnancy test accuracy in blood?
- Improper blood sampling by a lab technician.
- Not well maintained or calibrated instruments.
- Only take a test in a trustful laboratory.
Hi, My LMP was on 14 Feb’17 and when I did UPT this month on 20 Mar’17 it gave me a slight Pink line and when done USG doc referred it as a slight sac like structure with some 4.2 mm thickness and they treated it as Pseudo sac. To confirm the Pregnancy we did Blood test i.e. Beta HCG test, and the result came as 119 unit. Am i really a Pregnant with a healthy baby…as I am eagerly waiting for some positive Preg test, I’m bit worried now! Please comment
Diagnosis of pseudo-gestational sac is difficult at week 5, an intrauterine fluid collection does not show a yolk sac at a beta-HCG level >2000.
HCG level 119 after week 5 is considered within reported normal ranges (100 – 10,000).
Wait and retest HCG every 48 hour and ultrasound to decide if you have a viable or non-viable pregnancy.
Take a look at other topics about HCG levels chart.