Painful white spot on my right tonsil with and without sore throat
Hello dears; Today I have a special case suffering from painful white spot on right tonsil, here I will try to give a professional medical advice for whom suffering such common cases, also I do try making full report about all cases that have white spots on one tonsil or both with sore throat or without sore, also a special spot on repeated tonsillitis complications.
I also have to mention that White spots on the throat are generally a very good indication of a strep infection.
1. What does this mean? What could it be?
2. Is this the beginning of a sore or strep throat?
3. Is there anything I can do to get rid of it before it catches on, I need to get rid of it ASAP!
4. Should I have someone pick the white spot off?
5. Why I have tonsillitis?
6. What causes of sore throat and tonsillitis?
Causes of tonsillitis:
1. Strep throat is one of the common causes of tonsillitis.
2. It can be caused by a virus.
3. Bacteria can also cause tonsillitis.
4. Mixing different tastes: as drinking hot after cold or eating sweets after salty, spicy foods.
5. Drinking very hot or very cold drinks especially suddenly.
6. Tonsils stone or so called Tonsilloliths or tonsilar calculi: it is a calcified material that form, tonsil stones may feel like foreign objects lodged in the tonsil crypt. They may be a nuisance and difficult to remove, but are usually not harmful and rare. They are one of the causes of halitosis (bad breath) [and may lead to sore throat then strep infection at the end].in the crevices of the tonsils and occur in palatine tonsils and lingual tonsils with recorded weighing from 300 mg to 42 g, also it is occur in up to 10% of the population frequently due to episodes of tonsillitis. Stones may be removed by Irrigation, by Curettage, Laser, or Surgery.
What is a white spot on my tonsil?
White spots is a large pus pockets will continue to rupture and excreting amount of pus and blood and make the bad breath and inhibiting tasting property. Drainage of pus from ruptured white spots will continue to smaller ones until all of them disappear in few days but the pain may be still found.
Why only one tonsil is hurting not both?
Tonsillitis start with inflammation in one tonsils then migrates to both and symptoms may be appear even with only one tonsil inflammation, then after medication may the sore throat relieved and the cold symptoms starting.
- Difficulty or painful swallowing
- earache Ear pain
- Fever, chills
- Sore throat – lasts longer than 48 hours and may be severe
- tender, stiff, and/or swollen neck especially Tenderness of the jaw and throat
- red and/or swollen tonsils
- white or yellow patches on the tonsils
- swollen lymph nodes
- Associated cough
- sore eyes
- body aches
- nasal congestion
- in cases of acute tonsillitis, the surface of the tonsil may be bright red and with visible white areas or streaks of pus
- The tonsils are usually red and may have white spots on them.
- The lymph nodes in the jaw and neck may be swollen and tender to the touch.
Complications after prolonged untreated tonsils inflammation:
This can be a serious medical condition since if left untreated the strep virus can be highly contagious and will spread well beyond the throat into the heart.
Patient case 1: a sign of tonsillitis or not.
White spot on my tonsils without a sore throat, what does this means?
1. A white spot on my right tonsil. nothing on my left
2. No real sore or hurting in throat except when talking
3. No Pus or Mucus threads inside the throat or glands swelling.
Patient Case 2: Beginning of tonsillitis
White spot on my tonsil with a sore throat, what does it means?
1. A white spot on my right tonsil.
2. pretty sore of the side of throat especially when talk or swallow
Patient Case 3: repeated tonsillitis.
Some people who have repeated infections of strep. may need to:
1- Surgery to remove the tonsils (tonsillectomy).
2- Or long term medication with Penicillin’s.
Patient case 4: persistent sore throat
Repeated sore throat even after tonsillectomy
1- It may a result of on causes mentioned above also.
2- Drinking dry on cold or sweet after salty and vise versa, stuck food on the side of throat.
3- Long term medication with antibiotics like penicillin may be the next choice for doctors but many cases reported no cure after that.
4- Repeated tonsillitis symptoms after tonsillectomy may be cold or sore throat, you are advised to decrease mixing foods of sharp taste differences (hot on cold and vise versa, sweets on salty or spicy and vise versa, drinking very cold water while your body is hot, drinking very hot drinks suddenly may cause ulcers over tongue or lips and throat, when some pieces of food stuffed in/on throat or a tonsil)
What is the medical choice when I have tonsillitis?
1. A rapid streptococcus’s test (ASOT) can be done in most doctors’ offices. Rapid strep test may be called ASO titer.
2. Your doctor may send the throat swab to a laboratory for a strep culture if the ASOT Test results give negative and can take a few days to receive culture results. The test called throat swab for culture and sensitivity.
What I should do when I infected with strep.?
1. Swollen tonsils that are not painful or do not cause other problems do not need to be treated. Your health care provider may not give you antibiotics. You may be asked to come back for a check up later.
2. If tests show you do have strep, your doctor will give you antibiotics. It is important to finish all of your antibiotics as directed by your doctor, even if you feel better. If you do not take them all, the infection can return.
3. The following tips may help your throat feel better: Drink cold liquids or suck on popsicles. Drink fluids, especially warm (not hot), bland fluids. Gargle with warm salt water (mix 2 teaspoonfuls of salt in 1 glass of hot water and gargle thrice daily.). Suck on lozenges (containing benzocaine or similar ingredients) to reduce pain (these should not be used in young children because of the choking risk)
4. Take over-the-counter medications, such as acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen to reduce pain and fever. Do NOT give a child aspirin. Aspirin has been linked to Reye syndrome.
Patient Case 5: a cute tonsillitis.
White spots on right tonsil for about a week and after medication it still swelled?
1. White spots on right tonsil for about a week and seeing redness, with white patches.
2. Chloraseptic and ibuprofen has been taken to help the pain, gargling with hydrogen peroxide. Left a sharp pain and then a warm sensation in throat.
3. Blood from throat due to rupture of larger white spots on a tonsil and looks like open sore on the back of the tonsil. Allowed it to drain to stop pain
4. Frequently chills but no fever and excess of sweating at night with no cough until the throat pain relieved
5. Thick mucus buildup or pus accumulation especially after drainage of white spots on tonsils.
6. Discomforting in sleeping and all the day.
1. Your symptoms are indicative of inflammation (swelling) of the tonsils, it is called as Tonsillitis.
2. Start antibiotic course: You should continue with Chloraseptic until get relief from sore throat pain, Hydrogen peroxide would prevent any secondary bacterial infection. Symptoms usually improve 2 or 3 days after course of antibiotic treatment starts.
3. Steam inhalation (Inhale the steam that rises from the water.)
4. Take Motrin tablet for pain.
5. Improve your immunity by taking a multivitamin multi mineral supplement.
Patient Case 6: Unknown Painful white spot on tonsils
1. Painful white spot on tonsils with swollen right tonsil
2. Sore throat and enlarges tonsils for months now thin I found white spot on them.
3. glands aren’t swollen, so that it may not be tonsillitis.
4. strep. Test is negative (ASOT is negative)
5. herpes test is negative and no signs of herpes.
6. I have tired and stressed for month ago.
1. You sounds like stressed person please get a plenty of rest
2. Drinking lots of fluid (hot water being the best) or use a vaporizer to inhale the steam.
3. Eating smooth, soothing foods like gelatin, ice cream, shakes, frozen desserts, and soup but avoid mixing differences in food or drinks as crunchy and sweets.
4. Taking over-the-counter pain relievers such as acetaminophen (Tylenol), naproxen, aspirin, or ibuprofen (Speak with your doctor before beginning an aspirin regimen.)
5. It may be a tonsil stones: check bad breath and stuffed foods in the back of tonsils.
6. Take in your account that: repeated tonsillitis has to carry a tonsils removal surgery or prolonged treatment with penicillin, but all are after doctor’s recommendations.
More about ASO titer test for strep infection
More about required tests in general checkup
The facts about false positive and false negative results
if a female of 26years having esr count 15 for 30 mins and for 1 hour is 32 what will be problem for this?