Im Thamalsha. Im 21 years old. I met dermatologists doctor for my hair loss. I wanna to know about my blood report. My ESR result was 34.00 mm/hr. And my total leucocyte count 11,100. Can I know about that and if i have a problem what can I do for it?
Possible cause of high ESR with mild high total white cells count:
- underlying inflammation
- infections (e.g. abscesses, bacterial endocarditis and osteomyelitis). But not necessarily damaging hair.
- autoimmune diseases (e.g. lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, vasculitis, inflammatory bowel disease). But ESR must go higher than 34, over 100 for example.
- Blood cancers (e.g. lymphomas, leukemias). But they have more serious symptoms along with hair loss, losing hair isn’t the only sign of cancers.
- you must mention any of other symptoms and the disease histroy.
- Additional tests must be done to diagnose the hair loss more precisely, including:
1.CRP test for current infection.
2.CBC for prenecious anemia
3.ANA, dsDNA, RF, LDH to exclude abnormal immunity response
4.Vitamin D and ferittin test
thanks for your question, for more please ask.