10 Causes of Blood in Urine of Female
10 reasons why there is Blood in urine of human female?
Along with common causes of hematuria in men and women, usually females see visible bleeding before they take a urine test in the laboratory, but there are some common causes before any diseases could be suspected.
Blood in urine of woman due to dehydration, poor hygiene, or holding urination for long period.
Urine test show only increased count of red blood cells and few to no puss cells unless the condition developed to UTI.
Urinary tract infections are likely common in women due to their shorter pipework than men,
Also the child girl can get UTI and pass blood in urine, the suspected reason is the lack of hygiene.
UTI last less than 24 hour and signs may start with sudden blood in urine with or without visible blood clots.
UTI can be in urethra (urethritis), Bladder (cystitis), or kidney (pyelonephritis).
Another thing, old urinary tract infection that is not treated well, which let the bacteria to migrate to your kidneys and reinfection.
Females suffer two syndromes that have symptoms that are very much like prostatitis in men, these syndromes are called female urethral syndrome and interstitial cystitis (IC).
All UTI from different locations have almost the same expected signs and symptoms.
Urine analysis show few to high count of white blood cells called “pus cells”, RBCs 8-10/hpf or slightly higher, and a bit high amount of epithelial cells which is likely seen in females and increase in UTI.
Urine test may show albumin in urine which is common in UTI and not necessary to be due to a kidney or liver disease.
Bacteria and nitrite in urine test can be seen as a principal cause of urinary infection.
Post your results and get instant explanation
Adult human females get bloody urine after sex as their urethra may have some trauma.
Child female may get injury to her urethra too due to very tight clothes or any other reasons, mothers should take care of their children girls.
Urinalysis show dark yellowish turbid appearance or smoky due to suspension of blood cells, under microscope the red blood cells should be found intact, also puss cells and a little epithelial cells can be existing.
Protein in urine unlikely seen if the injury is the case unless it gets worse.
Female expect at least two symptoms, including:
- First usual signs: , bloody dark brownish urine is the first sign usually seen especially morning when peeing in bathroom after wake up. While painful urination in UTI can be seen if infection cause problems in passing urine or ulceration of the infection location.
- Increased urinating with little output.
- Feeling of urgency to urinate everyday while you may not need to, feeling like you need a wee and when you go only a bit comes out, and pain comes again.
- Wake up few times to pass urine
- Stingy pain or feeling a burning sensation while urination or all the time.
- Suddenly feeling a burning sensation in female’s urethra.
- Lower back pain unless it found due to pain in the bones or spine.
- Have blood in urine ONLY once in the morning when go to toilet after waking up while rest of the day the urine is clear; I can pass urine smoothly with no pain
- Light blood on the tampon or the paper after period bleeding end with painful urination
- Foul smell on my discharge recently
All such symptoms related to UTI, moderate stones and urethral injury.
Can’t know what’s the problem with you, get a honest explanation here.
Blood in female’s urine test during first trimester of pregnancy:
Blood in urine of pregnant is likely suggestive of early abortion after all physiological causes investigated.
Preeclampsia, which is early abortion after week 20, bleeding in the urine is the first sign of abnormal pregnancy.
Urine test: show a range of mild hematuria to moderate hematuria without proteinuria at first.
Blood in urine of female with interrupted period.
Usually females see gush of blood or thread of blood in female’s urine out of period time
However unstable period cycle can cause some of the such signs and symptoms. Read more
Read full explanation for female’s urine with backpain
Sexually transmitted diseases cause bloody urine:
STDs could also be a result which could be very frightening
Depending upon the type of infection:
- Genital Warts
- Hepatitis B
- HIV & AIDS
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
- Molluscum Contagiosum
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
- Pubic Lice (Crabs)
- Trichomoniasis (Trich)
STDs that leads to genital lesions may be result in genital warts, painful blisters, or ulcers. STDs that cause urethritis cause symptoms similar to a urinary tract infection, including painful or burning sensation during urination and abnormal discharge from the urethra.
Also the Kidney stones can cause tiny infection in the lower or upper urinary tract and exhibit some mildly symptoms and annoyance like that.
Kidney disease is unlikely suspected because if there are no signs in urinalysis, although creatinine test can clear the confusion.
Appendicitis unlikely known to drop blood in urine.
Bleeding lasts for more than 24 hours with backache and severe pain, it could be due to kidney abnormality, liver disease, or therapeutic side effect.
What should a female do before going to the doctor?
Simple treatment of blood in female’s urine due to UTI or injury to urethra:
Try simple home remedies to get rid of female blood in urine,
- Females should never hold pee,
- Do not let yourself get dehydrated.
- Drinking plenty as this helps to flush out nastiness around.
- Keeping hygiene issues up to scratch
- Going to the toilet before and within 5-10min after sexual intercourse as this will minimize chances of infection.
- Take a urine analysis test in the laboratory, the technician will give you a cup to pee into, to test for bacteria and blood in urine.
- General practitioner may prescribe some antibiotics like trimethoprim or cephalexin for 3-7days while nitrofurantoin does better as its concentration in urine higher than in blood.
- UTI usually clears up in 3 days but DONOT stop antibiotics before completing the course and the microbes get away, also cystitis or urethritis if left untreated for next few days, the infection can find its way to your kidneys, the matter that can be serious.
- Get a medical checkup tests every month at least to avoid sudden diseases.
- Revise your disease and treatment history with your GP, Check yourself by a specialized doctor.
Do not forget to review the full list of causes of blood in urine for male and female.
Have a query, get your question answered as soon as possible by laboratory specialists.